Pride in the Park
The Pride in the Park Festival acknowledges the achievements and progress made in and by the local queer community and beyond. Pride of the Greater Lehigh Valley has been in existence, organizing the pride festival since 1993. What began as small community festival has evolved into the dynamic arts and culture celebration of today.
The event includes vendors, merchants, artisans, business services and community groups, games and live entertainment. Pride in the Park has grown to include over 4,000 attendees and is held on the charming grounds of Cedar Beach Park in Allentown, PA. Allentown is located 50 north of Philadelphia and 70 miles east of New York City with a population of approximately of 600,000.
PRIDE IN THE PARK 2013
Sunday, August 18, 2013
12 noon - 6pm
Cedar Beach Park, Allentown, PA
Admission $5, children ages 12 and under free
Pride in the Park Highlights include:
- Over 100 Vendors/Merchants and Non-Profit Organizations.
- Top-Notch Entertainment - Enjoy some of the best gay and allied entertainers under the covered, stage tent.
- Charity Bingo - Fighting Aids Continuously Together (F.A.C.T.) of the Lehigh Valley will host Bingo throughout the day featuring local celebrity callers. Proceeds benefit F.A.C.T. and Pride in the Park 2013.
- The Pride Pub – Festival attendees twenty-one years of age and older are welcome to enjoy the festival’s “social hot-spot featuring draft and malt beverage products.
- Kidspace - Metropolitan Community Church of the Lehigh Valley welcomes all to enjoy crafts more at this special tent created for families with younger ones in mind.